Easy Enchiladas!

Last night, my roommates and I made one of our favorite easy meals. Who doesn't love tasty enchiladas on a night in on Thursday? This meal is so easy to make and tastes delicious and just about any kind of ingredients can go in them.



Serves 3 
Ingredients:
  • Pack of small tortillas (8 usually come in a pack)
  • 1 can enchilada sauce
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 1 pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • Shredded Cheese (I use Sharp Cheddar)
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375
  2. Chop up onions and peppers and saute in a medium size frying pan
  3. Cut chicken into small pieces and cook thoroughly in a medium size frying pan
  4. Prepare backing dish by spreading a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom
  5. Spread refried beans onto a tortilla shell, add a layer of onions and peppers finally add chicken. Roll the tortilla and place the open side down. Continue with all the tortillas
  6. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas
  7. Add a layer of cheese on top of the tortillas and then cover the baking dish with foil
  8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes

One of my roommates is a vegetarian so we made a separate dish for her meal without chicken. You can't go wrong with this meal, unless of course you burn the food to pieces.

And of course I had to bake this lovely meal in my new flamingo pink baking dish that I picked up at an antique mall near my work not too long ago. This dish is so versatile and can't wait to get my hands on a square brownie dish!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment